Would you like to hear more about what is happening with Schnauzer Rescue of the Carolinas? Subscribe to our Email List
Warning this page contains graphic images which may disturb those with tender hearts
Why Do We Rescue?
We rescue because many animals would otherwise die. The average rate of animals killed each year by animal control facilities is 75% of all animals that enter their doors, the other 25% includes dogs and cats that are returned to their owners as well as those that are adopted.
We rescue because we care what happens to all animals. By rescuing a Schnauzer of any of the three Schnauzer breeds there is one more place for a deserving dog or cat to live another day in a local shelter or humane society.
We rescue because some people think that dogs are nothing more than property to use or abuse.
The animals above are all Schnauzers. The AKC has over 150 breeds that it registers and each of those breeds have examples of dog that their rescues have taken from abusive situations. There are the All-American dogs as well that have rescues that take them but not enough places exist for all dogs to be saved and many are put down for lack of a home.
I looked at all the caged
animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their
eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry.
"God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?"
God was silent for a moment and then spoke softly, "I have done something," was the reply. "I created you." ~Jim Willis
If these pictures disturb you then get involved!
Join a rescue, help at the humane society, volunteer at the animal shelter.
Report to and support the police when you hear of dog fighting events.
Don't buy animals at pet stores, rescue one instead.
If you think that this doesn't happen in your neighborhood then ask the local animal control officers and you will be enlightened to the abuses animals suffer in all cities across America and the world.
Send mail to
with questions or comments about this web site.